Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 pieces
· 2 large Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
· 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
· 1 medium sized Onion (finely chopped)
· 1 medium sized Beetroot (grated about ½ cup)
· 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
· 1 Green chilly (finely chopped)
· Salt (as per taste)
· 1 tbsp Lime Juice
· 1/2 tsp Garam masala
· 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
· 1/2 tsp amchur powder
· 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
· 2 tbsp Cornflour
· 2 tbsp cashewnuts, crushed
· 3/4 cup semolina (and extra for coating cutlets)
· Oil (for shallow fry)
Put all ingredients in a bowl except oil. Mix well.
Oil a surface or silicon mat and spread the mixture with your hands.
Thickness should be that of cutlets about ½ inch thick.
Using a cookie heart shaped cutter, cut out heart shapes. (If you don’t have a heart shaped
cutter, just make heart shapes with some mixture using your hands)
Using a spatula, carefully transfer each cutlet onto a plate. Repeat till all the mixture is used up.
Coat cutlets with semolina. Shallow fry the cutlets.
Serve with tomato ketchup.
For a diabetic friendly version:
+ Substitute potatoe with Arbi
+ Substitute corn flour with wheat flour