· 1 kg Chicken with bones (preferably skinless)
· ½ Tbsp Salt
· ½ tsp Turmeric powder / Haldi
· ½ tsp Crushed Black Pepper Powder
· 2 tablespoon Oil
For Thick Masala Gravy
· 4 large Onions, finely chopped
· 4 Fresh Green Chillies, finely chopped
· 1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
· 1 whole pod Garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 1 Large Tomato, finely chopped
· 1 bunch of Green Coriander leaves, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp Red Kashmiri red chillie powder
· 1 tbsp cumin powder
· 3 tbsp coriander powder
· 1 tbsp garam masala powder
· 1 cube Chicken Maggie
· 3 to 4 tablespoon of oil as needed
· Juice of ½ sour lime
· Salt to taste
· 1 to 2 cups of water (not too much)
· 1 tbsp Maida (to thickening the gravy)
· ½ cup coriander for garnish
WASH the Chicken couple of times under cold water keep the pieces nice and big drain all of the water. Apply salt, oil, turmeric, pepper and set aside.
ADD 3 to 4 tbsps of oil in a large cooking pan or vessel. Sauté onions until rich golden brown. Add Fresh Green Chillies sauté for a minute. Add finely chopped ginger, garlic sauté till the flavor is released. Add the finely chopped tomatoes, sauté soft and mushy.
ADD 1 tbsp of maida. This helps the Gravy to get nice thick texture. This additionally works as a glaze.
ADD marinated Chicken. Sauté and fry gradually and gently mixing to coat all of the Masala to it. Keep stirring and frying till the chicken is half done.
ADD 1 cube of Maggie chicken.
ADD all the powdered Masalas: starting with cumin, coriander, red chillie powder and finally add garam masala. Sauté on low flame so as not to burn the masalas.
ADD 1 to 2 of cups of water. Squeeze ½ Lemon to give it a just a bit of sour taste. (Any more lemon will kill the sweetness of the gravy)
CHECK the salt. Adjust if needed. Garnish generously with coriander leaves.
LOWER the heat, with lid on cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.