I had basa and wanted to make cutlets. But cutlets without potatoes! I was not sure cauliflower would work but it does! These cutlets have a delicate flavour.
• 2 cups of boiled and debones King
Fish / Basa
• 1 small cauliflower
• 3 onions, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons of light green chillies
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
• ½ tsp Kashmiri red chillie powder
• Handful of coriander leaves
• ¼ tsp of jeerem meerem powder (optional)
• Juice of one sour lime
• 1 egg
• A mix of breadcrumbs / semolina / corn flour / rice flour as required
Clean and boil the fish water in a little water with turmeric and a dash of vinegar. Set aside.
Clean and boil the cauliflower. Mash when cool and set aside.
Fry onions with green chillies, garlic-ginger paste. Add tomato, red chillie powder, and a big pinch of jeerem meerem powder. Cook well. Turn off the gas and cool the mixture.
To the boiled fish add mashed cauliflower. Add the fried onion mixture, lime juice and mix. Add salt to taste and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Shape the cutlets and refrigerate. Beat one egg with a tablespoon of water. Dip the cutlet in egg and then in a mixture of breadcrumbs, rawa, cornflour, rice flour (I used a combination of this). Shallow fry them. Serve hot.