Squid Rings in Recheado Masala
This is hot, fiery and one of my favourites! This is my 100th post on this blog!!!! Unbelievable. This one is for Doc who has been my guinea pig. All recipes in the blog have his approval and master tweaks. (In lockdown, my niece does a pretty good job!) To my cousin, Ella, who I know is waiting for me to reach 150 recipes. She has pushed me into documenting my recipes. Thank you and I look forward to making these recipes and more when we are together again, soon.
· 500 gms squids (skinned, washed, cut into rings, water completely drained out)
· 1.5 tbsp of recheado Masala
· ½ tsp Jeerem Meerem powder
· 1 tsp tomato sauce
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
· 1 tbsp oil
· If your spice quotient is low, reduce the masala. You can increase it, if you want something really spicy. But be warned you will need a water hydrant.
· High flame is the only solution. A low or medium flame will result in a lot of juices. You will have no choice but to dry the juices out. This will result in overcooking.
· At all times leave the pan uncovered. A covered pan will result in juices from the squid.
· You need just a minute to cook the Squid. Anything more than that will result in hard and rubbery squid.
Marinate the squid in salt and garlic ginger paste and set aside for 15-20 minutes
Mix Recheado masala, jeerem meerem powder, tomato sauce and set aside.
In a pan, add 1 tbspn oil and place it on high flame
Add the masala paste and let it cook for 1-2 minutes (keep stirring)
Throw in the squid rings and mix it well with the masala
Cook it, toss it, mix it in the pan on high flame for only 1 minute.