Sugar coated Nuts
This is a recipe shared by Dr. Ian D’Souza. The recipe had cashew nuts but since I didn’t have those I used pecan nuts. These sugar beauties give you a sugar high. It is very simple to make but dangerously addictive. Trust me, you cannot stop at one.
1 cup of cashews/pecan nuts/walnuts/almonds
· 3/4 cup white sugar (brown sugar works too)
· 1/4 tsp powdered cardamom
· 1 tsp rice flour (I used corn flour)
· 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
· 4 cups maida (more if needed)
· Egg for egg wash
· 2 tbsp butter melted to brush the tops of dinner rolls
Weigh out the ingredients and set aside.
In a skillet heat the sugar with just enough water to submerge it.
Keep stirring till it dissolves and eventually thickens to one-string consistency. Add the cardamom powder and nuts and turn off the stove.
Keep stirring to prevent the nuts from clumping. Add the rice flour and the ghee. Place in a flat dish and separate the nuts when still warm.
Don’t forget to say a prayer for Dr. Ian who shared this recipe