Tuna Cutlets with a twist
Here is another tuna cutlet recipe. I tweaked Xanti’s recipe a bit. It is easy to make, moist and very delicious, if I may say so myself.
· Oil (As required)
· 1 Medium sized Onion (finely chopped)
· 1 Green chillie (finely chopped)
· 1 Medium sized Carrot (finely grated)
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1 tsp Chicken tandoori masala
· 2 cans Tuna (Total weight 284 grams, Drain oil or water from it)
· 2 Medium sized Potatoes (Boiled, peeled and grated or mashed)
· 1 tsp freshly ground Pepper
· 1 tbsp coriander leaves
· 1/2 tsp Salt
· Egg for egg wash
· 2 tbsp semolina and 1 tbsp Breadcrumbs
In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil. Add onion and fry till light brown in color.
Add the grated carrot, chillies and stir fry for a minute. Add turmeric, coriander and tandoori powders. Fry for a minute. Put off the flame.
Stir in the tuna.
Mix in the mashed potatoes and the crushed pepper. Leave the mixture to cool.
Scoop two tablespoon mixture and make 12 equal portions.
Shape into cutlets using some oil for your palms.
Break egg into a plate and whip well. Dip each cutlet into the egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
Shallow fry cutlets till golden brown.
Serve warm as a starter or alone with a salad.
You can add other vegetables: 4 tbsp of finely chopped French Beans, 4 tbsp of mashed green peas.